We’ve got a great project this fall, in partnership with Habitat for Humanity, that will give you the opportunity to build a “Home for a Hero”. After a devastating house fire, the Hunter Family of Gainesville, GA decided to give their house lot to Habitat for Humanity, specifically designated for a Veteran. While the search continues for the qualifying Veteran, we begin to build and prepare for their move in, this Christmas!
Saturday, September 20th Saturday, September 27th Saturday, October 11th Saturday, October 18th Saturday, October 25th Monday, October 27th
- Saturday, November 22nd
- Saturday, December 6th
- Saturday, December 13th
- No participants under 14 years of age
- Age 14 & 15 can engage in limited activities such as clearing lots, landscaping, or painting. (No construction.)
- Age 16 & 17 may perform general construction work, but may not engage in certain activities that are considered ultra hazardous. (No use of power tools, motor vehicles, demolition, roofing, or excavation operations.)
- All Participants are required to sign Hall County’s Release & Waiver of Liability.
Required Resources & Materials
Click Here to review the RULES TO BUILD BY. These are Gwinnett County Habitat for Humanity’s best practices regarding clothing, tools and materials, ladders and scaffolding, clean-up, parking and weather!
- We also recommend you bring a pair of work gloves.
- Tools will be provided at the build site, however you may bring your own if you wish.
- Bottled water will be provided at the build site.
- Lunch will also be provided to all volunteers working the morning shift.