We’ve got a great project this fall, in partnership with Habitat for Humanity, that will give you the opportunity to build a “Home for a Hero”. After a devastating house fire, the Hunter Family of Gainesville, GA decided to give their house lot to Habitat for Humanity, specifically designated for a Veteran. While the search continues for the qualifying Veteran, we begin to build and prepare for their move in, this Christmas!
- Saturday, August 23rd
- Saturday, September 6th
- Saturday, September 13th
- Saturday, September 20th
- Saturday, September 27th
- Saturday, October 11th
- Saturday, October 18th
- Saturday, October 25th
- Monday, October 27th
- Saturday, November 22nd
- Saturday, December 6th
- Saturday, December 13th
- No participants under 14 years of age
- Age 14 & 15 can engage in limited activities such as clearing lots, landscaping, or painting. (No construction.)
- Age 16 & 17 may perform general construction work, but may not engage in certain activities that are considered ultra hazardous. (No use of power tools, motor vehicles, demolition, roofing, or excavation operations.)
- All Participants are required to sign Hall County’s Release & Waiver of Liability.
Required Resources & Materials
Click Here to review the RULES TO BUILD BY. These are Gwinnett County Habitat for Humanity’s best practices regarding clothing, tools and materials, ladders and scaffolding, clean-up, parking and weather!
- We also recommend you bring a pair of work gloves.
- Tools will be provided at the build site, however you may bring your own if you wish.
- Bottled water will be provided at the build site.
- Lunch will also be provided to all volunteers working the morning shift.