Kids Hope USA offers churches and schools a proven, award-winning model to meet the emotional, social and academic needs of children. KHUSA programs create one-on-one mentoring relationships between adult church members and at-risk elementary school children in their community who desperately need loving, caring adults in their lives. If you’re willing to give a little time and a lot of love we can connect you with a child in need.
12Stone Church has partnered with Kids Hope and local elementary schools to engage mentors in a one on one relationship.
- Be a regular attender or member of 12Stone Church.
- Agree to and pass a Background Check.
- Complete mentor application and provide references.
- Attend 2 hour training held at 12Stone Church. (Flexible training times available.)
- Adhere to the separation of Church and State.
- Commit to spend one hour, once a week, with one child.
It is amazing how Christ’s love flows through the mentor to the student. Your hour together will include talking, working on academics and play time. Giving the students attention, kindness and love can change their entire day. The impact that Kids Hope has on students is a positive change in attitude, behavior, academic performance, and attendance.
Are you interested in becoming a mentor? Complete this short form and one of our Director’s will contact you with the next steps!