February 12, 2017
Healthy Relationships Have 3 Habits:
- Close enough to listen.
- Clear enough to compromise.
- Committed Enough to self-correct.
What I Need To Know: Listening is discovery, not a decision.
What I Need To Do: Change the way I listen.
Fight Night Rules:
- Whoever wants to confront must call for a “fair fight”.
- Before the time can be set, the one calling for a fair fight must summarize the nature of the issue.
- Calendar a time — No fighting after 11 PM.
- When the fair fight time is reached, both parties agree to give their undivided attention. (no phone, tv, etc.)
- Round 1: Marcia speaks first — no interruptions .Marcia must be careful to speak the truth in love as she understands it.
- Round 2: Kevin must articulate what Marcia has said in his own words in a way that Marcia confirms she has been heard. Heart and head engaged.
- Round 3: Kevin is then given the same freedom as Marcia. (as with #5)
- Round 4: Marcia articulates what Kevin said. (as with #6)
- Coming Next Week!